FEMA COVID-19 Funeral Assistance available
Financial assistance available for COVID-19 related deaths after 20 Jan 2020
MEMA Notice of FEMA COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program
The FEMA COVID-19 Funeral Assistance program allows for funeral assistance for any COVID-19 related death after January 20, 2020. The program will assist with expenses up to $9,000 per funeral, up to a maximum of $35,000 if applicants are applying for assistance related to more than one death.
Key points about the program:
- FEMA's call center can be reached Monday — Friday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time, toll free at 1-844-684-6333, and TTY at 1-800-462-7585. The call center can take calls in multiple languages.
- There is currently no deadline to apply for this benefit. If individuals contact FEMA's call center and have trouble getting through, they can use the extra time to ensure they have the necessary information and call back at a different time.
- To be eligible for FEMA's funeral assistance benefit, you must meet the following conditions: The death must have occurred in the United States, including U.S. territories and the District of Columbia.
- The death certificate must indicate the death was attributed to COVID-19.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien who incurred funeral expenses after January 20, 2020.
- There is no requirement for the deceased person to have been a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien.
- The program is open to all who qualify, regardless of their income.
Visit mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-funeral-assistance for more information.
Posted: to General News on Tue, May 4, 2021
Updated: Tue, May 4, 2021