Join Plainfield Fire-EMS
Plainfield Fire-EMS needs your help!
Our staffing levels are down and we need you! Please help us to better serve our friends and neighbors by signing up today. The Fire Department meets at 7:00 pm on Thursday evenings at the Public Safety Complex, 38 North Central Street. If you are interested in joining, are new to town, or are just interested in what we do, then stop in. All are welcome.
If you are thinking of joining, you must meet these minimum requirements:
- You must be able to respond to calls in Plainfield and be a Mass Licensed driver over age 18 (see Junior Firefigher requirements below).
- You must be able to complete annual CPR-AED training
- You must be able to complete Medical First Responder training every three years
- You must attend annual Haz-mat operational training
- You must attend a Blood & Air -Borne Pathogens course
The training program for these core competencies is scheduled into three hour blocks, which run two evenings a week from February to March.
If you wish to be a firefighter, you must also attend a flexibly scheduled basic firefighting course through the County, or obtain the equivalent in combination credits through the Mass Fire Academy and on the job training. Our in-house OJT program is ongoing with many outside training options available.
If you want to be an Emergency Medical Technician, you must attend a state-recognized EMT-B training program, pass a comprehensive written and practical examination, and maintain your EMT-B certification with continuing education and a refresher course every two years.
Junior Firefighter Requirements
If you are between the ages of 14 and 17, have your parents contact us for information on our training program, or bring them along on Thursday night.